Summer & Fall Race Camps
WMSC Ski Race Camps 2017
The WMSC will again be hosting a number of ski camps this spring, summer and fall of 2017. They are geared towards our clubs needs, however we welcome guest racers and visiting clubs to participate when space is available.
The AIM2WIN document recommends the following on-snow training days during the off season:
- U12 – 10 to 20 days
- U14 – 15 to 30 days
- U16 – 30 to 40 days
- U18 – 40 to 50 days
Camps dates below should be attended in their entirety rather than a few days of one camp and a few of another. Skill acquisition and retention will be greater with the consistent progression planned for each camp.
Online registration for Camps will open May 1st on www.wmsc.info .
QUESTIONS? email Rob Boyd firstname.lastname@example.org
GUEST REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 15TH for summer camps, and May 1st for May camps. Go to https://wmsc.info/register/ and complete the guest registration process. Then register by clicking on the links below.
Blackcomb: four-day May Camps (U12 to FIS) – $280 WMSC; $340 Guests
Whistler: T-bar – 4 & 5-day blocks (U12 to FIS) $780 WMSC member; $920 Guests
Note: Whistler based camps include on-hill activities only (lift tickets, lane fees, coaching, video/review and dryland). They do not include accommodations, transportation or meals.
REGISTER NOW – must be logged in as member to see pricing for summer camp packages and eligible donations
Fall Camps 2017
Chile – La Parva (U16 & FIS) (final price TBD based on confirmed attendees $1,500 deposit due by June 1 to hold your spot)
- Aug 18 – Sept 1 (up to 14 days on snow)
- Tech and speed opportunities
- Max 25 athletes; 4 coaches
- Ground transportation Airport – la Parva return
- Accommodations, Meals, Coaching, video, dryland, etc
- Day trip to Santiago
- Does not include airfare. Limited flights available through WMSC.
For more information and to pay a deposit on the camp & flights click here.
Hintertux Austria (U16 & FIS) (prices TBD) Oct 16 – 30 (10 days on snow)
- Max 24 athletes; 4 coaches
- Tech camp (SL/GS)
- Ground transportation
- Accommodations, Meals @ Hotel Persal, Finkenberg, AUT
- Lift tickets, lane fees, coaching, video, dryland, etc
- Solden WC race – transportation and entry
- Does not include airfare
Sun Peaks Camps (prices TBD)
- Nov 17 – 26 T2T (U14 and U16) 8 days on snow, 1 rest day
- Nov 17 – 26 T2C (FIS) 8 days on snow, 1 rest day
- Nov 22 – 26 L2T (U12) 4 days training