2016 – 2017 Programs Overview
The Whistler Mountain Ski Club offers the following alpine ski racing programs:
Specific program details can be found under the ‘PROGRAMS’ link in the Website navigation bar.
Welcome to the Whistler Mountain Ski Club, and for returning members welcome back!
Since the club’s inception in 1968, we have been commited to the development and delivery of exceptional ski racing programs that have supported thousands of aspiring ski racers in their pursuit of athletic excellence. Our mission statement is “developing champions in life and sport” and we never forget the importance of each individual’s personal experience with our club and the sport of alpine ski racing. To that end there are some significant aspects of this season’s program that new and returning members should be aware of. Complete program details can be found on our website and in our parent handbook which should be available by mid October.
Currently, the Whistler Mountain Ski Club offers programs for U12 (10-11 year olds), U14 (12-13 year olds), U16 (14-15 year olds), FIS (16+ year olds). For each category, there are various program options. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office or our head coaches directly with any questions you might have.
The 2016-2017 Program
Member athletes of the Whistler Mountain Ski Club enjoy year round benefits including individualized fitness programs and assessments, tuning room, educational clinics and workshops, access to our world class fitness facility and exposure to national and internationally successful athletes, many of whom started their career with our club. The ski season starts on the official opening day of Whistler Blackcomb and lasts until mid-April. Training occurs almost every weekend throughout the season at Whistler Blackcomb when the team is not otherwise scheduled away. In addition, regular training is available (and included in all options) during the Christmas break. Mid week training on Thursday and Fridays (others as scheduled) is also available.
WMSC LTAD Program Structure
So how do I join WMSC & What does it cost?
BEGIN YOUR REGISTRATION
- Go to www.wmsc.info
- In the navigation bar, click on REGISTER www.wmsc.info/register/ and the following page will appear. Through this Registration Page, you can either log into your existing account, or begin your registration process.
For Membership Registration, click on Start Membership Registration.
- If you have not created an account yet, click on the START MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION button. This will take you through a 4 step process to register yourself and/or your family.
- Please be ready with your credit card, as payment will be required at the end of the registration, in order to pay for your membership fee.
- All fields with an [*] are required fields to move forward in the process.
- Once you begin the Membership Regisration, any information you enter will not be saved into the system until you have made a payment.
FAMILY INFORMATION [Step 1]
- The Family Information is the information that will create your family account with the club. This information will be for the adult or parent making payments to the club (this cannot be the child’s information). All contact information should be for the main point of contact for the family. PLEASE USE THE ATHLETES LAST NAME AS THE USER NAME WHEN CREATING ACCOUNT and note this will be the main account holder login, and the only user that can access all other family members.
You must be at least 19 years of age to complete the Family Information.
- Please keep a note of the User Name and Password that you choose for your account. If you lose this information, you can reset your password through the login page www.wmsc.info/login/.
- In order to proceed, you must confirm that you are at least 19 years of age and agree to the Club Member Agreement. Click on Next: Select Membership Type to move to the next step.
You must be at least 19 years of age and agree to the Club Member Agreement in order to move on.
- Later, once you have created your memberships, and you need to change contact information in the future, go to My Account and manage your profile through the Account Management module.
MEMBERSHIP TYPE [Step 2]
- On the Membership Management page, choose which Membership type you want to register for. There will be 4 choices:
- Staff and Coaches
- Family Membership – For all U12 – FIS families
- Alumni or Associate
- Masters Membership
Select the Membership Type for yourself or your family.
- If you are not sure which Membership you should get, please contact the WMSC office at 604-932-4644.
- Click Add to Cart for the membership that is right for your family. Only one membership type can be selected. The Membership fee will be added to your shopping cart.
- If you have additional family members to add, click on Next: Add Family Members. If you are registering only one individual adult, click the Select Program option to skip adding family members.
- Additional family members can be added or removed at a later time through the Account Management module. If you already have a Family Account and need to renew your Membership, you can do so with the same setup here under Membership Management.
ADD FAMILY MEMBERS [Step 3]
- Enter additional family member information here for both parents and each athlete in the family. Click on Add another family member in order to add more.
If you need to add more than one family member, click here.
- If you need to go back a step, please use the Back button provided, but note that all information on the Add Family Member page will be lost.
- If you do not need to add any family members, skip to Select Program.
- A separate login account will be created for individual family members, so that they can view Members Only pages. The email address and username for each family member must be unique. If you have a child without an email address, enter an alternate parent email address here. Please take note of the username and password.
- Although the Medical Card Number is not required during the registration process, please be sure to complete this information before the start of the season. Cell phone numbers are also useful during training season, if your child has their own phone – add it.
- Once all family members are added, click to Next: Select Program and proceed forward.
- In the future, you can add, delete or change information for individual family members through the Account Management module.
SELECT PROGRAM & TEAM FEES [Step 4]
Team fees MUST be paid before any ON SNOW Camps, or before Sept. 30th.
Program fees MUST be paid in full by October 31st.
Any person(s) 10 years of age or older who wishes to participate in a competitive program with WMSC is subject to a team fee of $600. This fee covers your competitor association with the club and your competitors’ licence with BC Alpine and Alpine Canada. It does not however provide for coaching services, lift access, equipment, clothing, camp or race related expenses.
Note: A portion of this fee is applicable for a provincial child tax credit for children under 16 years of age.
- Programs offered by the WMSC are listed below.
- Each family member entered so far will be listed here. For any athletes participating on a WMSC team, click on Select Program to toggle a list of programs that the individual qualifies for. The qualifying programs are listed based on your date of birth.
All family members you have entered, including yourself will appear in this list.
- Click on Add to Cart for the appropriate team for each of your family members. Your Club Membership Fees Breakdown will be updated as you select different programs.
- Team fees are due before any ON SNOW programs – for everyone attending summer camps payment is required. If you are not attending summer camps, payment is due by September 30th.
- Program fees are payable October 31. Please see pricing and information on Program Fees under your program listed on the website
- Once you have added all programs to your cart, click on Next: Checkout to complete the registration and make payment.
MAKE PAYMENT & COMPLETE REGISTRATION [Step 5]
There are 2 options for payment. Pay by credit card, or pay by cheque or credit card at the club office. One of these options must be selected and processed in order for your entire registration to be accepted into our system. If you abort the process at this point, you will lose all registration information that has been inputted.
- Your contact information will be pre-populated for the credit card billing information. Please double check all fields to ensure that your credit card is properly processed
- Your Fees Breakdown will be listed. Please ensure that all appropriate fees are included in the summary.
- Select your payment option: pay by credit card or pay at office.
- Click on Checkout and your payment will be processed and your membership registration will be finalized.
- You should receive an email confirmation with your payment details and account information.
PROGRAM FEES [Step 6]
Program Fees MUST be paid in full by October 31st
WMSC offers various types of competitive programs which are age specific. See program pages for specific details – YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW THE PROGRAM PRICING AND SUGGESTED DONATIONS
ADDITIONAL FEES AND COSTS
Program fees do not include the cost of a list pass.
FIS aged athletes may be eligible to purchase a CWSAA All Area Pass. Application for this pass program is distributed to registered FIS athletes usually in August, Applying for this pass does not necessarily mean that an individual will qualify as there are a limited number of these types of passes available each year.
All youth aged racers are eligible for a “Sea to Sky” Pass from Whistler Blackcomb. Application for this pass is directly through Whistler Blackcomb’s pass sales office and to be eligible, athletes must be registered in a WMSC competitive program at time of purchase. Please note that WMSC must confirm applicants status with WB and does so once a week starting October 1 with an update of our athlete list to their pass sales department. http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets-and-passes/season-passes/sea-to-sky.aspx
Preseason camps are scheduled and are available on a user pay basis.
The Race Schedule
The Race schedule, is set by BC Alpine and Alpine Canada changes year to year, visit the program pages for this season’s schedule, or www.bcalpine.com