NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Whistler Mountain Ski Club will be held on Saturday November 18th, 2017 at 2:00 pm at the Whistler Mountain Ski Club Cabin, 2028 Rob Boyd Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B2 for the following purposes:
- To approve the Minutes of the 2016 AGM
- To receive the Report of the Board of Directors
- To receive the Report of the Executive Director
- To receive the Report of the Finance Director and the Financial Statements for the year ended April 30, 2017
- To appoint Auditors for the current fiscal year
- To set the number of Directors for 2017/2018 at 8, excluding the Chairman and Vice-Chairman
- To elect Directors for 2017-2019
- To elect the Vice-Chairman for 2018-2020
- Acknowledgement of past Directors
10. Other business
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
A member in good standing may be nominated for the position of director by THREE full members in good standing using the attached Director Nomination Form , which must be completed and returned to the Club office at least 21 days prior to the AGM.
Directors Nominated by the Nominating Committee:
- Hans Lundin (re-election)
- Rand Neeves
- Robert Toole
- John Legg
Directors continuing their terms:
- Marty Aidelbaum (as Chair)
- Patrick Maloney
- Corrie Paulsen
- Sarah Renzoni
- Graham Ross
- Jason Shorter
Directors retiring from the board:
- Monique Morden (Past Chair)
- Bill Sheel
- Joze Sparovec
- Scott Woolley
If at the AGM the number of nominees equals or is less than the number of vacancies, then the nominees for Director as selected by the Nominating Committee will serve the terms the Nominating Committee has stipulated. If at the AGM the number of nominees exceeds the number of vacancies, there will be an election and the nominees will be ranked in order of votes received; the three nominees receiving the most votes will be elected to serve for a term of two years.
Pursuant to By-Law 3.1, The number of Directors will be fixed by an ordinary resolution of members from time to time, but will be a maximum of twelve not including the Chairman of the Board and the Vice-Chairman or immediate Past Chairman of the Board (as the case may be), and in any event will not be less than three. A director must be a Full Member or an Honorary Member of the Club.
Pursuant to By-Law 9.8, members may vote by proxy. Members wishing to vote by proxy must complete the WMSC Proxy Form 2017 and return it to the Club office at least 48 hours prior to the AGM. Members are urged to either attend the meeting or return their completed proxies to ensure a quorum (10% of eligible members) is present at the meeting. Non-receipt by any member of any notice through error or omission will not invalidate the proceedings of any general meeting.
We look forward to seeing you at the WMSC 2017 Annual General Meeting.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Marty Aidelbaum, Chair